Mertesacker Tired Of Football

Hello soccer fans!!!!! It has been quite a while. Suffered an accident and I wasn't able to post any new content for a very long time. I'm back now and ready to post my first comment over a very long time. My first article focuses on Per Mertesacker who
is apparently tired of playing football.

Arsenal football club has not played well this season and the club and it's players have had to withstand heavy pressure from the fans. This has perhaps gotten to Per Mertesacker who indicated in an interview with Spiegel that he will be "...free for the first time in my life" when he retires at the end of the season as he would rather not play at all for the rest of the season.


He further said "Everyone says I should really savour the last year, play as much as possible, really soak everything in". The Arsenal captain went further to say "I'd most like to sit on the bench, or, even better, in the stands".

 
Former German national player Hamann has hit out at his fellow countryman and indicated that the player still has a contract with the club and he has to respect that. He said "He makes another statement that is questionable for me," He went further to say "He is still under contract with Arsenal and says that he has no more buck and likes to sit in the stands. He is still paid by the club and has a responsibility. I find that disrespectful to the fans, his team-mates and the coach. The club is up to its neck at the moment and then you have one of the captains who sits down and says that he no longer wants to play for the club."



Hamann also went further to say "Whether he is the right person to give young players values ​​such as identity and loyalty next year, I have my doubts". Hamann however appreciated Mertesacker's honesty that the players are not machines but are humans and the pressure placed on them can sometimes get to them. He said "Everyone perceives the pressure differently. It's good that we realise that the pros are not machines".

Should Mertesacker have made the statement he made? What do you make of Hamann's comment? Feel free to comment in the comments section.
  
 

Comments